1997 Santa Cruz 52' (15.85 m)
San Pedro, California, United States
*LLC Vessel *Successfully finished the 2019 TransPac race after two years of extensive upgrades and refurbishment. Turn Key and Ready to Win Races in Style and Comfort ! *Just won Class A in DRYC Malibu Race 1/4/20 in comfort
- Fiberglass Hull
- HIN/IMO: SYM52012I696
Manufacturer Provided Description
The Santa Cruz 52 features both speed and luxury. Her well thought-out interior has two large private staterooms each with double berths and a separate stall shower in one of the two heads. The large salon provides dining for seven and includes two roomy pilot berths. There is ample storage throughout the cabins. The teak and holly cabin sole, solid teak trim, and white-accented paneling combine to produce a warm yet light and airy environment. Typical equipment on the first nine Santa Cruz 52's built include: three burner LPG stove with oven and broiler, 8 cu. ft. refrigerator - freezer, and watermaker. The wiring and plumbing systems are readily accessible, thoughtfully laid-out, and fully marked and identified. The Santa Cruz 52 is designed and engineered to be very strong with specifications well in excess of ABS Standards. Advanced technology has enabled designers and builders to produce yachts which are both strong and light, so it is no longer necessary to equate strength with weight. Every piece of furniture, every panel, every cabinet is fully and carefully bonded to the hull and deck, providing an integrated hull support structure. The forward section of the hull includes a Kevlar collision mat and a watertight bulkhead. Other features add to the safety of the SC52. The IMS Stability Index of 121 degrees indicates that this is a very stable and safe yacht. The large cockpit is secure, with substantial coamings, easy access through the companionway, and the ability to drain very rapidly through the open transom. The SC52 is organized so it can be sailed from the safety of the cockpit.
Ready for Offshore , Bouy, or Point to Point Racing. There is a very competitive So CA class of Santa Cruz 52's. Large group 52's heading for PV, MX in March and then Pacific Cup to Hawaii in July. .
The interior is well suited for coastal cruising with rich woods and functional interior layout.
This boat will not disappoint the discriminating Yachtsman or Avid Racer.
Layout and Interior
- Throughout the boat you will notice the classic white with varnished trim look. This keeps the interior bright, while giving it a yacht look. Varnished floorboards add a touch of elegance.
- The FORWARD CABIN features a large V-berth with ample storage areas. Bright and comfortable as an owners cabin.
- The FORWARD HEAD features a manual head, separate stall shower, s/s sink. Nice storage. Head can be discharged overboard or into holding tank.
- The SALON features a very bright and well ventilated area for comfortable seating, dining, navigation and cooking. There are new windows in the salon. Plenty of opening hatches, along with Hella fans for ventilation.
- The NAV STATION to starboard features a full-size chart table with all electronics and instrumentation within easy reach.
- The GALLEY features an L-shaped work area with plenty of counter space, double s/s sink, gimbaled stove/oven and 12V refrigeration system.
- The STARBOARD AFT CABIN features a wide berth, which makes this a great VIP cabin. Good ventilation and plenty of storage.
- The AFT HEAD features a manual head, s/s sink. Head can be discharged overboard or into holding tank
- PASSAGE from aft head to custom pipe berth in port lazzarette storage area. This is great for sailing offshore or to store equipment on while cruising. The lazzarette can be reached from the cockpit as well.
- Starboard cockpit locker for storage of life rafts.
- Force 10 Propane Stove & Oven
- Refrigerator / Freezer
- SS Double Sink
- Hot and Cold Taps
- Fresh and Salt Foot Pumps
- Watermaker new 2018 Schenker 30 Liter Hout
Electronics and Electrical
- Raytheon RL 9 LCD radar
- Custom lightweight aluminum radar mount for backstay
- Simrad AP 20 auto pilot
- Ockam wind indicator w 6' carbon wand
- 4 Ockam displays at companionway
- 1 Ockam display at nav station
- 3 Magnum displays on mast
- Northstar 6000i chart plotter
- ICOM VHF radio
- ICOM SSB radio
- Sat Phone 2019
- Garmin AIS 600 Class B transceiver
- 2013 ARC Global Fix Pro 406 EPIRB
- 100 watt solar panel w controller
- LED Lighting Throughout
- Tri Color Masthead
Deck and Rigging
- All Harken deck gear
- Quick release button for hydraulic vang at steering wheel base
- Navtec hydraulic panel with vang, backstay and outhaul functions R&R 2019
- Lewmar halyard stoppers
- Lewmar jammer for main halyard
- Spinnaker pole storage mounts for both sides (2 carbon spinnaker poles)
- One Carbon Pole to So CA fleet length
- 2 Harken 560 aluminum top cleat 3-speed primary winches
- 2 Harken 48 ST aluminum mainsheet winches
- 2 Harken 48 ST aluminum running backstay winches
- 4 Harken 42 ST aluminum halyard winches
- Light & ventilation provided by Lewmar deck hatches (3 new 2016) , many opening ports, 4 fixed cabin ports refurbished 2014, salon "windows" replaced 2015, numerous Hella fans.
- New Halyards and running rigging 2019
- Emergency tiller
Mast and Rigging:
- Hall Spars carbon triple spreader mast with carbon boom
- Standing rigging replaced 2007
- C-6 Carbon backstay
- Kevlar running backstays
- External hydraulic mast jack system for rig tuning
- Two carbon spinnaker poles
- Reaching strut
- Harken MK 3 roller furler
- Harken staysail roller furler
- Harken racing headstay foil
- All Harken blocks & sheaves updated 2014
- Navtec hydraulic panel w/backstay & vang control
- Inner forestay wire rope
- Asymmetrical block & tackle for downhaul tack w SS sprit
- High spec halyards, sheets & guys
- IJPE : 1327 sq ft
- I : 64.5 ft
- J : 19.00 ft
- P : 60.50 ft
- E : 21.00 ft
- Quantum CZ Code 0 w Furler 2018
- Ullman 1.5A Spin 2019
- Ullman 2A Spin 2019
- Ullman 4A Spin 2019
- Ullman Spin Staysail on furler 2019
- Ullman Genoa Staysail 2019
- Ullman Trysail 2018
Older Inventory (all may not be currently available)
- #1 Genoa Quantum
- #2 Genoa North 2016
- #3 Jib North 2013
- #4 Heavy Weather Jib
- Wind Seeker / Drifter
- Jib Topsail
- .5 VMG Spin North 2004
- .5 Runner Spin North 2004
- .75 All Purpose Spin North 2013
- .75 Spin North 2013
- 1.5 All Heavy Spin
- Racing Main North 2014
- Cruising Main
- Furling Headsail for Cruising
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. Hours listed may vary from actual hours due to recent use. Purchaser is encouraged to verify hours prior to purchase. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Victory Yacht Sales is pleased to assist you in the purchase of this vessel. This boat is centrally listed by Denison Yachting. It is offered as a convenience by this broker/dealer to its clients and is not intended to convey direct representation of a particular vessel
LOA: 53' (16.15 Meters)
Type: Sail- Used
LWL: 46' 6''
Draft Max: 14'
Maximum Speed: 0.03
Cruise Speed: 8.5
Fuel Type: Diesel
Hull Material: Fiberglass
Fuel Tank: 84 Gallons (317.97 Liters)
Fresh Water: 100 Gallons (378.54 Liters)
Holding Tank: 25 Gallons (94.64 Liters)
Displacement: 21000 lbs
Photos click to view all
- Engine Make: Yanmar
- Engine Model: 4JH2-HTBE
- Engine Type: Inboard
- Power HP: 62.00
- Hours: 3000.00
The company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change or withdrawal without notice.